Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Last week, I mentioned that I like the term "bread and butter client." I want to take a moment here to clarify what I mean by "like." If you thought I meant that I find the term a good descriptor and a favorable way to explain my position, then I did a poor job of explaining myself. When I said I "like" that term, I meant more that I intentionally misuse and mass over-use it. I will use it in regards to one-time occurances (which doesn't make any sense), what I am wearing, even as a greeting. What up my bread n butta? I'll even break it down to an acronym "BNB." (The fact that that is not technicaly the correct acronym will be discussed next week.)

Today I took it to a new level. And by "it" I mean both using "bread and butter" and having a silent discussion with myself.

I had brussel sprouts with lunch for the second time this week. I told one of the other FLS Junkies that brussel sprouts are my bread and butter. After that call the discussion with myself began. Is it ever valid to use metaphors within their non-metaphorical context? For instance, "Hit a home run," perfectly valid when speaking of making a sale, sex, eating an entire pizza, starting a lawn mower with one pull or when actually hitting a home run while playing baseball. But you can't use it otherwise within baseball. You couldn't comment on a no-hitter or a triple-play by saying, "wow, he really hit a home-run."

Enough of that.

There was a saturated Cheese-Puff in the sink today. It took me a long time to figure out what it was.

3 Comments:

At 10:09 PM, Blogger Ellis D. Trails said...

you used the word "mass" as an adverb. suddenly i have sneaking suspicions that you've been hanging out in puyallup...

 
At 10:14 PM, Blogger Ellis D. Trails said...

also, i wouldn't fuck with metaphors too much. but you can have your way with any idiom you like.

 
At 11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you ever seen a grown man naked?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home