Thursday, November 10, 2005

It hasn't happend in awhile, but back when it was a bit warmer out, occasionally the door to my office-vault-lair would be left open overnight. This always makes for an interesting morning. In this scenario I enter the O-V-L with much trepidation, fully expecting a raccoon or a jaguar or possibly a giant Daddy Longleg to lunge at my throat after moving things around on my desk.

The worst is when the door is left open and for some reason I forget this inevitable scenario and enter the OVL in complete oblivion. It is a few moments later that I come to the realization of the danger and my aloofness. Past experince has taught me, wild animal attacks in your basement happen when you least expect them.

There was a couple of guys cutting the lock off of the barrier that keeps people from climbing ladder that leads to the roof of Rite-Aid. I stopped to watch as I had already Popped my daily Chicken. I didn't have much to look forward too, other than a little Puff Puff Pass and maybe some Meow. One of the guys, who must have been the Foreman as he was smoking, told me that the other guy was doing it because "he's young and stupid."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home