Thursday, December 08, 2005

Time is of the essence I suppose. Maybe that is why I don’t really receive any training on the products/services I am to be promoting.

I very familiar with some of our clients and others… not so good, for example…

A little Puff Puff Pass yesterday on the new account, SCA Technology (real name, I am feeling a little bawdy today). Another small company account. They provide their services to McDonald’s and a couple other huge companies. I know it has something to do with their ‘supply chain management’ and ‘cost modeling’. So I say those things a lot. When it gets down to nuts and bolts, bits and bytes, 1’s and 0’s, rubber hitting the road, I am kinda in the dark. And that generally is OK, if a conversation gets technical, that’s when I Pop the Chicken ala:

Targeted Key Player: “So, OK, you have mentioned supply chain 6 times, but what are you talking about?

Me: “Good question, why don’t we continue this conversation next week and I’ll bring someone that has a clue.”

Targeted Key Player: “Right-o, cheers mate!”

Me: “Bob’s your uncle, don’t take any wooden nickels!”
~

Yesterday, I was hit with one of those in-depth questions:

TKP: “What does SCA stand for?”

Me: (Pause) “I dunno know…(pause)… does next Thursday at 10 work?”

TKP: (Silence)
~

For the sake of science, click on the banner ads.

1 Comments:

At 10:11 AM, Blogger Melanie said...

Jimmy Buffet donated a bunch of $ to Hurricane Katrina relief, so I guess he didn't die earlier this year. But I swear on my copy of the Big Lebowski that NPR misinformed me. In short: you are right & I am wrong.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home