Monday, December 05, 2005

Serious business today.

Typically a FLS client is a big company. This “service” that I “provide” can potentially cost the client $100 per minute. But let me make it perfectly clear before we go any further; I receive but a portion. The mentality is usually that our service is a more effective alternative to say a TV commercial or a NY Times ad.

But every so often we get a smaller client. Just so happens I have one of these clients. This company provides code-writing tools to financial firms. They should have gone away in 2001 like a good little middleware firm. Instead, they linger and struggle and hold on by barely a thread.

A few months ago, they fired all their sales guys, except for one and hired us. This is what is known as the beginning of the Death-Spiral. Compounding matters, this sales guy is an idiot. Getting VPs and Directors of technology to speak to you is tough, in the Financial Services Vertical it is almost impossible. But, every so often I manage to Fletch my way in and pop a chicken for this guy. That means eventually, this sales guy, myself and the Targeted Key Player will continue our conversation about tools to blah, blah, blah….

This guy is just so horrible at speaking to people that I have come to realize that I am not creating sales opportunities, but opportunities for someone new to hate him.

Please click on the banner ads on this page

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home